Nic Roldan's 2nd Annual UK Sunset Poloat Cowdray
On Tuesday, June 19th 2018 Top American Polo Player Nic Roldan will be holding his 2nd Annual UK Sunset Polo event at the ancestral home of British Polo: Cowdray House in West Sussex.
The event will include some high calibre equestrian displays:
- A Horse Sense and Healing demonstration, in which Monty Robert’s Join-Up® methods are combined with empowering veterans suffering from post traumatic stress.
- Straight from the Argentine pampas, there will be a rare opportunity to see their national sport “Pato” in action. Come see this traditional contact adrenaline fuelled sport which can be described a cross between polo and basketball.
- London 2012 Olympic Gold Medalist Laura Tomlinson MBE will give a Dressage showcase, come see her and her horse dance the night away to music.
- The Sunset Polo game where top professionals as well as`up and coming players will join Roldan.
- Artwork created by local school children will feature throughout the event.
Get ticketsThe event will take place on a Midsummer's afternoon on the old polo field known as the House Ground at Cowdray House, providing a magical setting. Roldan aims to make it an event to remember, and of course to continue on his mission to raise awareness and funds for both Chestnut Tree House (Registered Charity No. 256789) for whom he is a birthday patron, and for Coach Core (Coach Core is a programme delivered by The Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex. Registered charity no. 1132048).Chestnut Tree House is the children’s hospice for East and West Sussex, Brighton and Hove and South East Hampshire and cares for 300 children and young adults from 0-19 years of age with progressive life-shortening conditions. The Coach Core apprenticeship scheme gives young people aged 16-24 the chance to become the next generation of inspirational coaches.
The event partners include Cowdray, The Lickfold Inn, Jeep UK and Tregothnan, the pioneers of growing tea in the UK, with whom Nic has developed the “Sunset Polo” tea blend, plus The Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa and many other local businesses.
In order to make the occasion as welcoming as possible to the local community, general admittance tickets will be available with 50% off for children under 12 years of age. A new picnic area has been created and a food village with prime viewing for all to enjoy. Whilst Afternoon Tea tickets give access to the event and complimentary tea adjacent to the demonstrations.
Equestrian displays of the highest calibre, world class food, a magical venue on a British Midsummer’s night and all for two great causes. This is one date that must not be missed in your summer plans and we very much look forward to welcoming you on June 19th.
For those who would like an extra special experience, All Inclusive VIP tickets are available for tables of 8. Guests will enjoy afternoon tea adjacent to the equestrian demonstrations and a special dinner at Cowdray House, prepared by The Lickfold Inn, which is overseen by Michelin Star Chef Tom Sellers. See the menu here. The night with culminate with a Gatsby themed party.
There will be both silent and live auctions, followed by a firework display.
VIP experience guests will be eligible to stay at Cowdray House at extra cost and in turn will be treated to breakfast in the summer house and clay pigeon shooting the following morning.
* Equestrian demonstrations are weather dependent and will be run as long as the weather allows, the committee regrets refunds will not be given for changes to the schedule.